Sweet Potato Casserole with Bacon Recipe
Categories : Blog
Sweet Potato Casserole with Bacon
A sweet and delicious casserole loaded with bacon.
- Baking Dish
- 4 pieces Sweet potatoes quartered
- 4 slices Bacon
- 3 tbsp Butter
- 1/2 tsp Ground cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp Ground nutmeg
- 1/2 cup Light cream
- 1/4 cup Milk
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Preheat an oven to 325 F (165 C). Grease a 2-quart baking dish; set aside.
- Place the sweet potatoes into a large pot and cover with salted water. Bring to a boil over high heat, then reduce heat to medium-low, cover, and simmer until tender for about 20 minutes. Drain and allow to steam dry until cool enough to handle.
- Meanwhile, place the bacon in a large, deep skillet and cook over medium-high heat, turning occasionally for about 10 minutes until evenly browned and crisp. Drain the bacon slices on a paper towel-lined plate. Chop the bacon coarsely; set aside.
- Slip the skins off the potatoes and discard; blend the potatoes in an electric blender or food processor until smooth. Stir in the butter, cinnamon, nutmeg, cream, and milk. Mix well; season to taste with salt and pepper. Spread the potato mixture in the prepared baking dish.
- Bake in the preheated oven for 18 minutes or until heated through. Remove from the oven; sprinkle the potatoes with the bacon. Return to the oven and bake for an additional 5 minutes.