Categories : Blog
Deep-friedshrimp with dipping sauce. Delicious Japanese-style meal!
- 32 pcs Vanilla wafers crushed
- 1 pc egg beaten
- 3/4 cup water
- 1/3 cup apricot nectar
- 2 tsp cornstarch
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 3 tbsp redwine vinegar
- 1 tbsp ketchup
- 2 cups vegetable oil
- 3/4 lb medium shrimp peeled and deveined
- In a small bowl, mix vanilla wafers, egg, and water until they’re well blended.
- Refrigerate for 1-2 hours.
- In a stockpot or deep fryer, heat 2 cups of oil to 375 degrees F (175 degrees C).
- Dip shrimp in vanilla wafter batter and fry 4-6 pieces of shrimp at a time until golden brown.
- Drain well.
- Serve hot with dipping sauce.
Tomake dipping sauce:
- In a small sauce pan, blend nectar into cornstarch.
- Stir in brown sugar, vinegar, and ketchup.
- Heat mixture over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture thickens and comes to a boil.
- Set aside.